Saturday

Asian Sportsmen To Receive LASIK

SINGAPORE : Two national sailors, fresh from their Asian Sailing Championships win, will soon achieve perfect vision to help them win more medals in the future.

They will receive LASIK treatment from the Singapore National Eye Centre in an effort to help sportsmen improve their eyesight to better their performance.

Battling the elements has been a disadvantage for sailors who need to wear glasses or even contact lenses.

"On the last day of the Asian Sailing Championship, I lost the right side of my contact lenses, I could not sail very well that day because I was sailing around half blindly. With LASIK treatment, I think it will definitely help me improve my game because it will eliminate the possibility of losing my contact lenses or glasses and improve my vision," said national sailor Xu Yuan Zhen.

"Having perfect vision really helps, because you have to see things from far," said national sailor Roy Tay.

Besides offering LASIK treatment to selected sailors, the eye centre will also organise a series of eye health education talks for the sportsmen.

"If this is successful and the reception good, the Singapore National Eye Centre and Bausch & Lomb will consider extending this to other national sports associations in Singapore," said Dr Chan Wing Kwong, head of Refractive Surgery at Singapore National Eye Centre.

Read more about "Asian Sportsmen To Receive LASIK"...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home